Alternatives to payday loans for Centrelink Customers
Government advance payments
Have read the information about getting a payday loan when you receive a Centrelink or other government benefit? If so, and think your chances of being approved aren’t very good, there are other options.
The Australian government do in some cases offer advance payments. This is not a Cash Today loan. It is an advance on your Centrelink or other benefit payments that is repaid to the Australian government.
Some of the criteria include:
- You have been receiving a government payment for at least 3 months
- You have not requested an advance payment in the last 12 months
- You do not owe a debt to the Australian government
- You can afford to repay the amount within 6 months
- You have a MyGov account linked to Centrelink
- You know your income and expenses
You can view more information via Services Australia.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and are not eligible for an advance payment from the Australian Government there are other options available.